Cam Conscious Tourism supports development of sustainable tourism in Cambodia: tourism that is “good” for the local wildlife and eco-systems – protects natural habitat and wildlife, “good” for people – supports local communities and minimises the negative impact of tourism and is “good” for the planet – minimises the use of natural resources – uses less water, electricity, fuel and promotes recycling.
CamConsious Tourism is a Cambodian based initiative that works with like-minded people, organisations and businesses to achieve the following objectives:
- promote sustainable eco-tourism and community based tourism in Cambodia
- act as an online information platform for local and international tourists and provide visitors with comprehensive information about ecotourism and community based tourism in Cambodia, and by doing so help visitors to make informed choices about their planned visit in order to minimise the negative impact of tourism
- build capacity of individuals, local communities, CBO and NGOs to in order to build financially viable and sustainable models of eco-tourism and community based tourism in Cambodia.
We work with local organisations and businesses to support local eco-systems and minimise the use of natural resources.
SUPPORTING CAMBODIAN WILDLIFE
We promote eco-tourism that protects local wildlife and does no harm to animals through direct and indirect actions.
Through community based tourism initiatives we want to promote local craftsmanship and employment opportunities.
SUPPORTING LOCAL COMMUNITIES
We work to promote community based tourism initiatives that have local ownership – are run by local people and build capacity of local communities.
REDUCE, REUSE AND RECYCLES
We want to minimise the impact of tourism through reduction, reuse and recycling of waste.
BECOME OUR PARTNER
PHASE 2 Call for partners: CamConsious Tourism is continuesly seeking new partners – individuals, businesses, community groups, local organisations and INGOs that currently run community based tourism programmes, homestay schemes and eco-tourism projects.
- free promotion and marketing of your eco-tourism project/ home stay tourist scheme/attraction
- free professional mentoring/ training/ consultancy
- free impact evaluation and ongoing support to reach higher impact scoring
- individually tailored support package
- networking opportunities
If you are considering a future project in eco-tourism or community based tourism please get in touch with us.
We would love to hear from you – please fill the initial application form bellow and we will be in touch to discuss posible partnership opportunities with you.