CamConscious strongly believes that community-based tourism can be used as an effective tool for the implementation of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and UN 2030 Agenda. A tool that provides alternative livelihoods and employment opportunities through locally run community businesses that increase income and reduce poverty for poor rural communities – especially for women and young people. Evidence shows that increased family income leads to improved education for children and better health care for the whole family.
Cam Conscious Tourism supports development of sustainable tourism in Cambodia:
- tourism that is “good” for the local wildlife and eco-systems – protects natural habitat and wildlife,
- “good” for people – supports local communities and provides income for local families activities
- and is “good” for the planet – minimises the use of natural resources – uses less water, electricity, fuel and promotes recycling.
Through community based tourism initiatives we want to promote local craftsmanship and employment opportunities.
SUPPORTING CAMBODIAN WILDLIFE
We promote eco-tourism that protects local wildlife and does no harm to animals through direct and indirect actions.
We work with local organisations and businesses to support local eco-systems and minimise the use of natural resources.
SUPPORTING LOCAL COMMUNITIES
We work to promote community based tourism initiatives that have local ownership – are run by local people and build capacity of local communities.
REDUCE, REUSE AND RECYCLES
We want to minimise the impact of tourism through reduction, reuse and recycling of waste.
BECOME OUR PARTNER
PHASE 2 Call for partners: CamConsious Tourism is continuesly seeking new partners – individuals, businesses, community groups, local organisations and INGOs that currently run or would like to set up a new community based tourism programmes, homestay schemes and eco-tourism projects.
- free promotion and marketing of your eco-tourism project/ home stay tourist scheme/attraction
- free professional mentoring/ training/ and support
- free impact evaluation and ongoing support to reach higher impact scoring
- individually tailored support package
- networking opportunities
If you are considering a future project in eco-tourism or community based tourism please get in touch with us.
We would love to hear from you – please fill the initial application form bellow and we will be in touch to discuss posible partnership opportunities with you.