Our Objectives are:
- Promote sustainable eco-tourism and community based tourism in Cambodia
- Act as an information platform for local and international tourists and provide visitors with comprehensive information about ecotourism and community based tourism in Cambodia, and by doing so, help visitors to make informed choices about their planned visit in order to minimise the negative impact of tourism.
- Build the capacity of individuals, local communities, CBO and NGOs to in order to build financially viable and sustainable models of eco-tourism and community based tourism in Cambodia.
How do we work:
- Joint working with the Cambodian government, INGOs, CBOs and other groups to promote good practice in the sector through advocacy, lobbying and information sharing.
- Providing capacity building, skills training and consultancy (free services for small organisations and community groups, and paid-for services for funded CBOs, NGOs and INGOs)
- Development and introduction of an impact evaluation system for sustainable tourism sites – using international standards. CamConsious in partnership with external consultants developed an Impact assessment & benchmarking system to enable visitors to make informed choices about their stay based on the social and environmental impact of the site they plan to visit.
- Using technology4development (T4D) – co-development of an online system, providing information on the impact and quality of services by local initiatives. Connecting visitors with eco-tourism and community based tourist sites to increase the number of independent travelers’ visits to partnership projects (in partnership with a specialist technology and marketing agency based in Cambodia)
- Joint working with private sector/tour operators to attract more international visitors to the partners’ eco-tourism sites.